All the way up to Earth Day on April 22, the VTUalerts.com team will be sharing easy tips that can help you go green, and show that you care for our planet.
Today tips: Low-cost and no-cost ways to save energy!
- Remember to turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Turn the power strips off when your TV/ DVD are not in use. (TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power).
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Take a short shower instead of a tub bath. Or better still, choose a traditional bucket bath, which can require even less water than a shower.
- Wash only full loads of clothes (or dishes – in case you’re using a dishwasher).
- Drive sensibly. Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) wastes petrol.
Share your ideas and tips via comments below!
VTUalerts.com is the No.1 Student community portal for grad students in Karanataka.