TOEFL® Scholarship Program in India
2012 TOEFL Scholarships Available (Application Deadline: April 13, 2012)
- Four (4) US$10,000 scholarships available: one to colleges/universities in the U.K., one to colleges/universities in the U.S., one to colleges/universities in Australia and one to colleges/universities in Canada
- Six (6) US$5,000 scholarships available to any location
APPLICATION FORM CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE
TOEFL® scholarships will be awarded to students in India who meet the following requirements:
- You must currently be living in India.
- You must begin undergraduate or graduate study in 2012 at a college/university listed in the TOEFL Destinations Directory (PDF). If you are applying to an Australian University and will start February or March 2013, please indicate this on your application.
- You must hold a grade point average (GPA) of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale or 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- You must have a valid TOEFL score.
- You must return a completed application form which includes a written essay, your TOEFL test scores, and official transcript in a sealed envelope.
Scholarship award funds for students who will be studying abroad are applied to their tuition fees only after the student has registered with the institution and arrived on campus.
To officially apply for a TOEFL scholarship, you must submit the following documents postmarked by the April 13, 2012 deadline:
- a completed application, including TOEFL scores and a completed essay
- an official transcript in a sealed envelope
|Before March 13, 2012||Take the TOEFL test and get your scores. We recommend taking the test as soon as possible so your scores are available well before the April 13, 2012 deadline.|
|Before April 13, 2012||Select “Get Application Form” below and it will open the Scholarship Application Form (PDF) in Adobe Acrobat. In order to enable the form features on this document, you must first save the file to a location on your computer using “Save As.” Please note, selecting “Save a Copy” will not enable the form features. When you open the file saved on your computer in Adobe Reader, the usage rights will be shown above the form. It should display “You can save data typed into this form.” In order to complete the application you must enter your information in the document you saved on your computer.
Get Application Form (PDF).
When you are ready to submit your application, print a single copy and submit it along with an official transcript from your high school (for those applying for undergraduate study) or university (for those applying for graduate study) in a sealed envelope.
Send your completed application and official transcript to Study Places. (Study Places is the local TOEFL Resource Center for ETS that will process the applications.) Only completed application files received by Study Places on or before the April 13, 2012 deadline will be considered. Address your materials to:
ETS Scholarship Program
|Before June 1, 2012||If you are selected as a TOEFL scholarship winner, you will be required to e-mail the Scholarship Response form and a PDF of the acceptance letter from the college/university you will be attending to [email protected] by June 1, 2012.|
|April 13–April 22, 2012||ETS will verify the TOEFL score and the scores in the transcripts submitted by the applicants.|
|On or about April 23, 2012||Study Places will e-mail you regarding your standing.|
|April 23–April 30, 2012||The selected applications will be anonymously evaluated by two independent raters, both of whom are from the Indian higher education sector, who will be selected and trained by ETS to evaluate the scholarship applications.|
|May 8, 2012||Study Places will notify finalists of their standing.|
|May 9–May 18, 2012||Interview for finalists (via phone or Skype™)|
|On or about May 22, 2012||ETS will select the winners based on their application evaluations and interview and Study Places will e-mail them to inform them of their award.|
|Before June 1, 2012||Winners are required to e-mail the Scholarship Response form and a PDF of the acceptance letter from the college/university they will be attending to [email protected]|
|Early July 2012||Scholarship winners will be invited to a scholarship ceremony and media conference, and will be invited to give testimonials and participate in media interviews.|
|August 2012||ETS will disburse scholarship funds to winners’ colleges/universities to be applied to tuition fees only after the student visa has been approved and they have registered with the institution and arrived on campus.|